NSW SCHOOL VACCINATION PROGRAM 2020 – Year 10 will happen Thursday & Friday 24th July (first week of Term 3) 2020)
Each year NSW Health works in partnership with schools to offer the vaccines recommended by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) for adolescents as part of the school vaccination program.
In 2020 the following vaccines will be offered to
All year 10 students
– Meningococcal ACWY vaccine as a single dose
Parent Information Kits that include an Information sheet, consent form and privacy statement these were sent home last Monday 29th June.
If you did not receive a pack, spares will be available by contacting the office from Tuesday 21st July.
To consent to the vaccination of their child, parents / guardians are advised to:
· read all the information provided
· complete the consent form, including signing their name next to the vaccine/s they would like their child to receive
· return the completed consent form to the school office
· ensure that their child eats breakfast on the day of the school vaccination clinic.
Parents/guardians who wish to withdraw their consent for any reason may do so by writing to the school Principal or phoning the school. The Procedure for Withdrawal of Consent is available on the NSW Health website at:
To improve vaccination completion, students will be opportunistically offered any missed doses throughout the year where possible.
A Record of Vaccination will be provided to each student vaccinated at each clinic.
Parents/guardians should ensure that this record is kept for future reference and should not assume that their child has been vaccinated if they do not receive this Record of Vaccination.