Resumption of face to face TVET courses – week commencing 20 July 2020
I am writing on behalf of TAFE NSW to confirm the staged resumption of modified face to face classes for TVET.
You can rest assured that TAFE NSW has state-wide guidelines, and risk management practices in place for the the safety and wellbeing of all students. Following consultation with all school sectors and WHS specialists from the Department of Education, comprehensive risk assessments for all classes have been completed, which consider the complexities and variations of adult learning environments.
As a result, specific social distancing and hygiene measures are in place that consider the size, space and use of learning facilities, alongside the numbers and needs of the students. In addition to class-specific measures, TAFE NSW has implemented:
- Enhanced cleaning and hygiene, including handwashing facilities and the use of hand sanitiser.
- Social distancing measures, including specifically 1.5m from adults on campus and practices such as staggered break times and signage to direct movement and use of facilities to minimise interaction with adults on site.
- Student briefings at the start of each class, outlining the safety measures in place for each lesson.
- Equipment sharing practices. For example, where a school student must share a piece of equipment for a practical activity with an adult, the student will be partnered with a specific adult for the duration of training. This will allow for better contact tracing should this be necessary.
Student and course details
In the week commencing 20 July 2020 the following students will return to modified face to face classes onsite at TAFE NSW. The table below identifies those students resuming in this week.
|Kingscliff||Animal Studies: Certificate II||Alcorn, Zoe||Wednesday|
|Kingscliff||Screen and Media||Bark, Kirra||Tuesday|
|Kingscliff||Aviation (Cabin Crew)||Bird, Sophie||Monday|
|Kingscliff||Screen and Media||Costin, Saxon||Tuesday|
|Kingscliff||Animal Studies: Certificate II||Davenport, Jade||Wednesday|
|Kingscliff||Aviation (Cabin Crew)||Dustow, Seanna||Monday|
|Kingscliff||Animal Studies: Certificate II||Erezuma, Eloise||Wednesday|
|Kingscliff||Aviation (Cabin Crew)||Gabriel, Shanti||Monday|
|Kingscliff||Aviation (Cabin Crew)||Hawkes, Stesi-may||Monday|
|Kingscliff||Aviation (Cabin Crew)||Highfield, Trinity||Monday|
|Kingscliff||Animal Studies: Certificate II||Hunter, Georgia||Wednesday|
|Kingscliff||Animal Studies: Certificate II||Moss, Aleya||Wednesday|
|Kingscliff||Animal Studies: Certificate II||Phillips, Jasmin||Wednesday|
|Kingscliff||Animal Studies: Certificate II||Rackley, Layla||Wednesday|
|Kingscliff||Animal Studies: Certificate II||Rotumah, Taylor||Wednesday|
|Kingscliff||Animal Studies: Certificate II||Sharpe, Bella||Wednesday|
|Kingscliff||Animal Studies: Certificate II||Smith, Mia||Wednesday|
|Kingscliff||Aviation (Cabin Crew)||Sullivan, Alani||Monday|
|Kingscliff||Screen and Media||Wilkinson, Jesse||Tuesday|
|Kingscliff||Animal Studies: Certificate II||Withers, Liam||Wednesday|
|Kingscliff||Animal Studies: Certificate II||Worth, Alana||Wednesday|
Staying safe at TAFE NSW
Adult learning environments are more complex than schools, and there are many more variables in vocational settings, so students have a role to play in contributing to safe learning environments.
Teachers will conduct a safety briefing at the start of each class to remind students of the specific hygiene and social distancing measures in place. We have reminded students of their obligation to follow the instructions of TAFE NSW teachers and support staff.
In addition, TAFE NSW recommends that students bring:
- A water bottle as bubblers are only available for filling bottles.
- Their own food (that does not require refrigeration) to minimise the need to access canteen facilities or leave the campus.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Schools Team at TVETadmin@tafensw.edu.au.