Update from the Principal
I hope all members of the Kingscliff High School community have been able to take the opportunity to enjoy some family time during this period when we have been advised to stay at home as much as possible – it has certainly been a very different Easter break to what we have all become accustomed to.
We are all aware of recent announcements from the Premier of NSW regarding a staged return of students to school. Attached is the latest advice from the Department regarding the first two weeks of Term 2 (which will look much the same as the last two weeks of Term 1), followed by changes from Week 3 (Mon 11th May) onwards.
The Premier has stressed that each school will need to determine how best to manage the proposed “staged” return to school for students. I will be working with your children’s teachers over the first two weeks of school to again re arrange the way we do teaching and learning so that a set number of students can begin returning to school safely from May 11th. In doing this, we will be thinking carefully about how we can best support our Senior students, and Year 12 in particular, who have been most dramatically impacted by disruption caused by the current health emergency.
An additional Staff Development / Pupil Free day has also been announced. Our first week back will be as follows:
- Monday 27th April – Staff Development Day
- Tuesday 28th April – Student learning resumes as per modified timetable distributed at the end of Term 1
- Wednesday 29th April – 9:00 – 12:00 Staff Development Morning, then resumption of student learning for the remainder of the day.
- Thursday 30th April – Student learning continues full day.
- Friday 1st May – 9:00 – 12:00 Staff Development Morning, then resumption of student learning for the remainder of the day.